You can even do it Part-time or with an On-Call Contract)
The Ocean Safety and Lifeguard Services Division will be conducting a physical performance examination for employment opportunities as part-time, on-call contract hire beach lifeguards.
- Have a current Drivers License.
- Have a High School Diploma or GED (General Educational Development).
- Provide proof of completion of the American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Class
- Provide proof of completion of a Basic First Aid Class.
- Provide proof of completion of the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer Class or the American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider Class.
Only applicants who meet the above requirements will be allowed to take the performance exam, all documents must be provided on the day of examinations – no exceptions.
PHYSICAL PERFORMANCE EXAM:
The physical performance examination is a strenuous activity. The performance examination consists of the following events:
|1. 1000 Yards Run and 1000 Yard Swim||Time: Under 25:00 Minutes|
|2. 400 Yards Rescue Board Paddle||Time: Under 4:00 Minutes|
|3. Run-Swim-Run 100 Yards each length||Time: Under 3:00 Minutes|
Registration and tryouts will be held on the following dates at Ala Moana Beach Park behind lifeguard tower 1B, starting at 8:00 A.M.
- Friday, June 8th, 2018
- Saturday, June 9th, 2018
For more information log onto the City & County of Honolulu, Ocean Safety and Lifeguard Services FB Page HERE or at www.honolulu.gov/esd/oceansafety
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
Honolulu Emergency Services Department
Ocean Safety and Lifeguard Services Division