Points earned from the Vans World Cup and the Billabong Pipe Masters will round out the rankings for the series. Points for Triple Crown are distributed by typical event standards — 6,500 points for a Prime event and 10,000 for the Pipe Masters.
After the Reef Hawaiian Pro, the Top 10 Triple Crown contenders are: 1. Dusty Payne (HAW) – 6,500
2. Julian Wilson (AUS) – 5,200
3. Jeremy Flores (FRA) – 4,450
4. Adam Melling (AUS) – 4,000
5. Raoni Monteiro (BRA) – 3,400
6. Frederico Morais (PRT) – 3,400
7. Torrey Meister (HAW) – 3,200
8. Brett Simpson (USA) – 3,200
9. Bede Durbidge (AUS) – 2,400
Winning the Vans Triple Crown is a bucket list item for most professional surfers. It’s as impactful on a career as it is on a reputation.
The forecast looks GREAT for Monday with surf at Sunset possibly reaching over 8′ or Triple+ overhead! Tune in to this site to catch all the action of the next event, the Vans World Cup, which begins November 24, 2014.