Honolulu Emergency Services Department
Ocean Safety and Lifeguard Services Division
Registration and tryouts will be held on the following dates at Ala Moana Beach Park behind lifeguard tower 1B (Ewa Side), starting at 8:00 a.m.
Just show up swim…then go from there!
1. Friday, August 21st, 2015
2. Saturday, August 22nd, 2015
(Part-time, On-Call Contract)
The Ocean Safety and Lifeguard Services Division will be conducting a physical performance examination for employment opportunities as part-time, on-call contract hire beach lifeguards.
- Have a current Drivers License.
- Have a High School Diploma or GED (General Educational Development).
- Proof of previous completion of a American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Class
- Proof of previous completion of a Basic First Aid Class.
- Proof of previous completion American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer Class or American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider Class.
Only applicants who meet the above requirements will be allowed to take the performance exam, all documents must be provided on the day of examinations – no exceptions.
PHYSICAL PERFORMANCE EXAM:
The physical performance examination is a strenuous activity. The performance examination consists of the following events:
- 1000 Yards Run and 1000 Yard Swim Time: Under 25:00 Minutes
- 400 Yards Rescue Board Paddle Time: Under 4:00 Minutes
- Run-Swim-Run 100 Yards each length Time: Under 3:00 Minutes
2015 April Ocean Safety Recruit Class