|TEAHUPO’O, Tahiti (Tuesday, August 27, 2019) –
The right to use any image(s) and/or audiovisual content attached to or accessed by link within this email (the “Footage”) is provided strictly on the terms and conditions described under the “Footage License Terms and Conditions” below.NEWSFEEDS – Fantastic Vision Today!
Epic Day of WSL Championship Tour Surfing today in Tahiti.
Tahiti delivers very serious and dangerous surf for Rounds 3 and 4 of the Tahiti Pro – Many of the surfers put their helmets on as they took on 3m ++ super powerful surf breaking across razor-sharp shallow coral reef.
Wipe-outs featured broken boards and amazing barrel rides – surfings ultimate test to ride these barrels and be shot out like a bullet. Also featured today is the first perfect 10-point-ride of the 2019 WSL year from reigning event and World Champion Gabriel Medina.
1. Day’s Highlight Clip: Waves, Wipe-outs and emotion from a fantastic day at the World Surf League Tahiti Pro – QuarterFinalists were decided in these amazing waves and finals set for tomorrow!
2. Gabriel Medina (Brazil): Perfect 10 point ride as he wins Round 4 defeating USA’s Griffin Colapinto (USA).
3. Wipe-Out Feature: We love heavy wipeouts. These waves are breaking almost 1 klm. out in the Pacific Ocean and the power is serious, across shallow razor sharp reef – enjoy!
4. Jeremy Flores (France): The French champion is always a standout in Tahiti – Fearless and skilled, Flores is through to the QuarterFinals and will face Gabriel Medina!
5. Griffin Colapinto (USA/Cali/San Clemente): Near perfect Round 3 Heat, charging massive waves with two 9 point rides as he defeats Australia’s Ryan Callinan. Later Griffin was eliminated by Gabriel Medina.
6. Jack Freestone (AUS): Huge day for Freestone eliminating the great Kelly Slater in his Round 3 heat but unfortunately Freestone went down to Caio Ibelli of Brazil in Round 4.
7. Jordy Smith (ZAF): The big South African relished the powerful tubes and defeated one of the event favorites, Julian Wilson (AUS) in Round 4 – Smith is through to the Quarterfinals.
8. Adriano de Souza (Brazil): Warrior like performance from the Brazilian veteran defeating compatriot Italo Ferreira in Round 3 and later winning Round 4. De Souza will face Jordy Smith in the Quarterfinals most likely in great waves again tomorrow.
The Tahiti Pro Teahupo’o presented by Hurley will be broadcast LIVE on WorldSurfLeague.com and on the free WSL app. Also, check local listings for coverage from the WSL’s broadcast partners.