The past year has been amazing for SCH and we want to thank everyone that helped make it such an amazing year. Going into 2015 we have a lot scheduled so make sure you get our cleanup dates locked in to you calendar. See you at a cleanup in your neck of the coastline soon.
2014 in a Quick Review
- 12 Large Scale Cleanups
- 4 Islands Cleaned (Maui, Hawaii Island, Moloka’i, and Oahu)
- 2,800 Cleanup participants
- 30,100 lbs removed
- 2 shipments of Marine Debris sent for recycling (35,000 lbs)
- 4,372,400 bottle caps recycled through Kokua Hawaii Foundation Bottle Cap Drive. 21,862 lbs of bottle caps.
- 19 Sand Sifters Invented
- First Annual Sand Sifter Champion Crowned (Kailua Sailboards and Kayaks)