Nā Kama Kai Ocean Safety & Conservation Awareness Clinics service our community statewide through touching the lives of our youth in numerous capacities.
Our statewide ocean clinics nurture a deep sense of love for the ocean among youth.
The experience ingrains in each of the participants an understanding of their kuleana to water safety and environmental awareness.
Our clinics offer group and one-on-one interactions with professional surfers, watermen and waterwomen, lifeguards, firefighters, marine scientists, Hawaiian cultural practitioners, and ocean rescue instructors.
The clinics provide a positive, nurturing, and controlled environment enabling Keiki to become confident in the ocean through a personally guided experience.
Participants learn Hawaiian stories related to the event location, help shape traditional wooden boards, and learn about traditional Hawaiian ocean culture through the contemporary perspective of ocean professionals.
Nā Kama Kai programs target all youth from 2 to 18 years of age in many different cultural settings.
Currently, most of the programs occur on the Island of O’ahu, and to a lesser extent on the other neighbor islands of Hawai’i.
Also, ocean clinics have been held at Papeete, Tahiti, and Dana Point CA, and have demonstrated that the programs provided by Nā Kama Kai can serve as a model for other coastal communities anywhere in the world, provided they incorporate place-based cultural values and traditional knowledge.
Our Ocean Safety and Conservation Awareness Clinics offer five different start times: 9am, 9:30am, 10am, 10:30am and 11am. All clinics are free, and any donations are greatly appreciated! WALK-ONS WELCOME!
- We can accommodate 10-15 pre-registered Keiki and 5 walk-ons for each time slot.
- We will close the time slot when pre-registration is full.
- A waitlist will be enabled once all of the pre-registration time-slots are filled.
- Sign-ups are for the upcoming clinic only
- Pre-registration is not required but guarantees your Keiki a spot.
- Make sure your Keiki are well fed and hydrated before the clinic. We’ll be doing lots of ocean sports and activities out in the sun
- January 14th – Hale’iwa Beach Park
- February 11th – Waikiki (Publics)
- March 11th – Kahana Bay Beach Park
- April 8th – Poka’i Bay Beach Park
- May 13th – ‘Ewa Beach Park
- June 10th – Waimanalo Beach Park
- July 8th – Hale’iwa Beach Park
- August 12th – Waikiki (Publics)
- August 18-19th – Matson Menehune/Duke’s Fest Waikiki
- September 9th – Kahana Bay Beach Park
- September 16th – Mauka to Makai
- September 22nd – Makua Beach Cleanup
- October 6th – 7th Annual Pa’akai Gala
- October 14th – Poka’i Bay Beach Park
- November 11th – ‘Ewa Beach Park
- November 17th – Hale’iwa Beach Park (WSL)
- November 23-25th – NKK Surf Kontest, 96792 Keiki Only
- December 9th – Kailua Beach Park