The Hawai'i Oakley Surf Shop Challenge is an annual team contest that pits Hawaii's local surf shops against each other for a chance to compete at the Oakley Surf Shop Challenge Championships in Bali.
This year at Ala Moana Bowls, Team HIC put on an impressive show and came out with the victory thanks to the combined efforts of shop employees Davin Jaime & Pauly Evangelista, and team riders Joel Centeio & Kekoa Cazimero.
As Hawaii's Regional Champs, Team HIC was rewarded with a FREE surf trip to Bali to surf the Oakley Surf Shop Challenge Championships in June. HIC will now combat six other regional qualifiers at Keramas for the 2013 Oakley Surf Shop Challenge Title and $10,000!
Invited Hawaii teams:
Blue Hawaii Surf
Hawaiian Islands Creations
Hi-Tech Surf Sports
Local Motion Hawaii
McCully Bicycle and Sporting Goods
North Shore Boardriders Club
Nukumoi Surf Co.
Pacific Vibrations Surf Shop
Pipe Dreams Surf Co.
Surf N Sea
Tamba Surf Company
Town & Country Hawaii
The complete 2013 Oakley Surf Shop Challenge calendar:
· April 5 – Southwest – Seaside Reef, Cardiff, CA*
· April 9 – Southeast – Ponce Inlet, FL
· April 13 – Mid-Atlantic – Kitty Hawk or Nags Head, Outer Banks, NC
· April 16 – Northeast – Manasquan Inlet, Manasquan, NJ
· April 19 – Northwest – Steamer Lane, Santa Cruz, CA
· May 10 – Hawaii – Ala Moana Bowls, South Shore, HI
· May 31-June 1 – West – 54th/56th Street – Newport Beach, CA*
· June 17-22 – National Championship – Keramas/Canggu, Bali, Indo.
Special thanks to Oakley, Surfer Magazine and other event partners, Bubble Gum Surf Wax, Futures Fins, New Era, Sol Republic, and Watermans Sunscreen for their support, without which the Surf Shop Challenge series would not be possible.