PIC:National Team supporters © ISA / Shawn Parkin
Picture Perfect Surf Fires For The World's Best Juniors
Day 3 of the DAKINE ISA World Junior Surfing Championships From Panama is ON
Round 1 of the Girls to Finish; Boys Round 2 and 3 to Take the Water Later in the Day
Surf News, 17 April, 2012 : A full day of action today will feature the finish of the first round of Girls competiton and the winners from early heats in the Boys divisions on Day 3 of the DAKINE ISA World Junior Surfing Championship Presented by Billabong. The waves are 3- to 5-feet with occasional corners, but with the incoming tide, the conditions will transform into the ideal long walls of Day 1 and 2.
With two podiums running heats, first in the water is Vania Torres (PER), Emily Gussoni (CRI) and Lucia Indurain (ARG) in Heat 17, and Sarah Baum (RSA), Leilani McGonagle (CRI) and Lucia Cosoleto (ARG) in Heat 21.
Today’s competition schedule is the following:
- Qualifying Round 1 of Girls Under-18 (Heats 17-24)
- Qualifying Round 2 of Boys Under-18 (Heats 9-16)
- Qualifying Round 2 of Boys Under-16 (Heats 9-16)
- Qualifying Round 2 of Girls Under-18 (Heats 1-12)
- Qualifying Round 3 of Boys Under-18
- Qualifying Round 3 of Boys Under-16
The webcast at 7:45am local time (245am HI time)
Check the Live Coverage